Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 10- What You Wore Today

I'd been putting this one off for a day that I actually changed out of my pajamas! Well then I went to Idaho and didn't bring my computer.

It's still kind of early today and I'm still in jammies so I'll say what I wore yesterday!

I wore jeans and a white tank top under a wide neck grey t-shirt. Pretty swanky, I know. Haha!

Now I shall rant.

I love Peyton to death, but yesterday I reached my breaking point. She has been so whiny and clingy that I can't get anything done. I'll give her credit for playing in her playpen for an hour watching Baby Mozart while I made tortillas for dinner. But after that I took her out to feed her lunch and she fussed through half of it. Once she finished I went to make myself lunch and she would not leave me alone. She stood up holding onto my jeans and screamed into them until I picked her up. I hadn't eaten since 8 am and was so hungry, so I had to let her cry while I cooked. I felt bad, but she was driving me nuts. Once I came back into the living room she was fine. She didn't want to sit or play with me, just wanted me in the room with her.

When Steven got home he played with her so I could finish getting dinner ready. While he was eating I made her dinner. He offered to feed her while I ate but she screamed. So I put my food down (not even a bite taken yet) and fed her. She started screaming halfway through and hitting the spoon and I had had enough. I took her out of her chair, put everything away, wiped her face and gave her to Steven. I said, "I'm going to take a shower. She's going to scream and I don't care." And with that I took a much needed LONG hot shower. I shaved my legs! Woohoo! And after that I blow dried my hair. It was lovely. I didn't hear her cry at all while I was in there. She started to fuss a little when I was almost done drying my hair.

So, she can be without me if Steven distracts her. But it was a grand total of about 20 minutes. I wish he could be here more to spend time with her so that she would be fine with him anytime and for longer periods.

Oh well! Time for diaper change and nap! I may take one with her. She woke up several times crying last night. Normally she wakes up twice quietly and I can nurse her back so sleep right away, but not last night... I'm exhausted!

3 comments:

  1. sorry charlie. thats no fun!!! in other news allie woke up yesterday and she was still half asleep when she bolted for the door and said "manda downstairs!" she loved having you guys here and we miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i figure its gonna take you 5 years to get through your "days"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I concur.. Especially since we're about to move.. And my laptop is dying..

    ReplyDelete